Saturday, March 8, 2014

Our Time in New York

We stayed in New York for about three days.  It's amazing how many things we were able to see in that short amount of time!
On day one I went to see Times Square for the first time. This was one of my favorite parts of New York because I was able to experience the environment of it. My mom and I also saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway which was incredible. I have never seen the movie before, but my mom says that Broadway is a much better experience.  That night we ate at a delicious Asian fusion restaurant called Tao.
On day two we visited Carlo's Bakery (as I already posted), walked around Central Park, and went on a fun tour called The Ride.  It's a bus with a huge window on one side, and the hilarious tour guides tell you about New York while interacting with street performers and random people on the street.
On day three we had the best food of our lives! We went on a Southeastern Asian and Chinese food tour (my mom and I were the only people on the tour).  The tour guide took us to the best hole-in-the-wall restaurants/bakeries in Chinatown. It was so delicious!
New York was amazing! I'm so glad that we left early so that we could stay there for a few days. But I am even more excited about Tanzania. It will be such a life-changing experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment